Back to the diet …
As you probably know, diets are primarily about burning more than you consume. Tim Ferriss does not speak much about this in the section that deals with his very popular diet, so I also do not want to spend time explaining it. The reason he doesn’t spend time on it, I think, is that the diet is so “hard” and well thought out that most people will automatically consume less than they burn by just following his overall guidelines. GreensDailyWebsite
The overall rules:
1) Avoid “white” carbohydrates.
In my opinion, the most important thing about the diet. He specifically refers to white carbohydrates as: all bread, rice, breakfast cereals such as corn flakes, oatmeal, etc., potatoes, pasta, tortillas.
2) Eat the same meals over and over again.
It is very few foods you actually have to eat during the diet and therefore will automatically eat the same meal over and over again. Later you get the example he spends on a day’s diet.
3) Do not drink calories ..
Soda, Juice, Milk etc are prohibited. Your fluid intake must consist of water, tea and coffee without sugar.
4) Don’t eat fruit.
The only exceptions are tomatoes and avocados (though only in small quantities)
5) Keep one day a week where you break all the rules and eat whatever you want, from morning to night.
This is a so-called “cheat day” where you can eat junk a whole day if you want! In the book he writes that one might want to exaggerate so your desire for poor food is gone the rest of the week. You can watch a video on how to spend cheat days here .
Foods you must eat / Foods recommended
– Egg whites, max 2 whole eggs, rest egg whites. If the eggs are organic, you can eat 2-5 whole eggs.
– Chicken, chest and thighs.
– Beef (preferably organic from cows on grass)
– And other protein sources from animal meat, such as lamb, moose, turkey, deer, etc.